Saturday, 30 August 2014

Lectomy Menkota Redux - video

Video I put together for my performance at Liquid Architecture Festival 2006 Sydney, for the track Lectomy Menkota Redux.


It is actually a combination/re-edit of two tracks : Lectomy & Menkota made in the 90's by self-referential / generative feedback sampler systems, using sounds sampled from various different analogue and digital synths. I generally called this style of tracks I made back then as very electronic. The track appears on my album Dave Noyze - Generative Compositions 1998 - 2006 :



The video is made up from a bunch of video sampling that I used to sometimes VJ for Rephlex / Aphex Twin / Mike Dred in late 90's & early 2000's. Fun times mixing VHS tape decks, computers and video camera's... This vid contains stuff like UFO, mangled images of my synths, a video I made when I visited SETI's Aricebo Radio Telescope in Puerto Rico on tour with Mike Dred in 2000, and a whole heap of processed complex / chaotic systems.

The Hello Larry start is a long story, but briefly : It turned up by accident when I was recording & testing my newly built Practical Electronics Ring Modulator in 1988 with my radio and an oscillator. The dudes name is Larry Grason, a popular TV character from my mum's hometown.